Castlegon Greyhound Rescue provides a sanctuary for Greyhounds in need in the UK. Greyhounds come to us as retired racers, from shelters, as strays, and from owners who need to give up their dogs due to changing life circumstances such as: relocation, financial hardship, divorce, illness, or death.
Castlegon Greyhound Rescue provides the animals with veterinary care, spay/neuter, vaccinations, high quality food, love, and placement into a home for life under a contract that dictates their humane care.
Greyhounds are thankfully becoming very popular pets – people are more aware of their plight & of course, what fantastic pets they make…..
They are commonly referred to as 40 mph couch potatoes!!
So, what makes a Greyhound such a great pet?
- Contrary to popular belief, they don’t require much exercise – two 20 minute walks per day is sufficient.
- Greyhounds have the most fantastic temperaments
- They adore human company
- Are extremely affectionate
- Are gentle, docile & loving
- Excellent on a lead
- Quiet dogs that rarely bark
Greyhounds are very popular as PAT dogs (Pets as Therapy) which I think you will agree, says a lot about the temperament of the breed.
110 Castlegon Avenue